Sunday, September 17, 2006

Personally, I Think Age Denotes Wisdom

I'm not afraid of a few wrinkles. I may not like a lot of wrinkles, but I'm not afraid of a few wrinkles. I think many women are beginning to feel this way. Age denotes wisdom, but we would still like to look and feel our best. Here are some ways to deal with some of the symptoms of aging:

Age Spots

My mother had them and now I have them. They are sometimes unflatteringly called "liver spots." Although, one can do plastic surgery to remove them, I found out by accident that tea tree oil fades them quite nicely.

Poor Memory

You don't use it, you lose it, girls! Just because we may have to be running around wiping our kid's noses or caring for a sick parent, doesn't mean we should stop cultivating our minds. The research has shown that people that do crossword puzzles or read, delay onset of mental problems like Alzheimers. Find a hobby that uses your brain and keep yourself alert as long as you can.

Wrinkles

My mother loved hydrating creams and many women swear by them. But, San Jose plastic surgeons believe Botox or Restylane treatments are really the way to go. They claim the procedures are minimally invasive. Whether that's true, I wouldn't know. At this point I can't claim wrinkles yet as a badge of honor. However, there are other alternatives available like acupuncture that are said to work just as well. Obviously, you would have to be a woman who is okay with alternative treatments, but for me, this is an option to regular plastic surgery.

What treatments do you use to delay signs of aging?

No comments: