Sunday, January 07, 2007

Can't A Woman Go To Church Alone And Not Be Accosted?

I take it men think that churches are good places to meet chicks. Some of us are there because we are meditating or praying! Duh! Maybe the Muslims have it right and church should be segregated so we women don't have to sit next to men who have been trying to get our attention over and over. It doesn't matter that you move, they're there following you sometimes. It doesn't matter if you're downright nasty to them, they think you are having a bad day. No, I am not having a bad day! I am in church! Leave me alone!

You know, I made the mistake of going out with not one, okay, THREE men at one church, all at the same time. It was a ridiculous thing to do, I admit. I was just in a dumb mood, I guess - really stupid. Was it my fault they all asked me out the same week? I mean, I wasn't really going with any of them, so why say no to any of them? Well, I figured I had it planned out real good. You see, one only came on Wednesdays. Another only came for the 9 am service and the other came at the 11 am service. The one thing I hadn't counted on was that they might all decide to try to make the same service I was in. The day I walked in (after months of dating all three), I was late, thank god. I walked in and just about had a fit. I didn't sit with any of them because if I had, the whole thing would have exploded. When the service was over, I immediately rushed out and left. Then, I dropped two of them. Eventually, I decided dating men at my church was just a very bad move. I was there to be in church, not to meet men. And the whole thing was rather retarded anyways!

So, I have a new idea for diamond merchants everywhere. You know they put out these marketing gimmicks for people to buy diamonds to advertise different things. Here's one: A diamond ring that specifically says, "Do not approach me. I am NOT available." I mean, really, must I put my damn engagment ring from my divorce back on my left hand just so men can stay the hell away from me at church? Is there not some sort of temporary body tattoo I can get that will scare the bejeezus out of any man and keep them out of my space?

No comments: