Sunday, January 07, 2007

Men, sometimes when we talk we aren't looking for solutions!

I guess it was hopeless and I just didn't see it. I was hoping to connect, not to be told what to do. What exactly is it about men that they think that we women can't think for ourselves? Honestly, I'm pretty damn sick of men who can't just sit with me for a moment in silence without being uptight. Please don't open your mouth. Please don't tell me what to do. And please, don't think you know what's better for me for my own life than me. I have done pretty well without you for a long time AND I've raised a daughter to boot. I don't assume you need some advice from me, so why don't you just try to connect next time instead of offering some blanket solutions that really weren't requested?

If women talked to men the way men talked to women they'd all have their panties tied up in a wad. Stop discounting us, okay? We really are grown-up and we really do make very good decisions for ourselves. Men!

No comments: