Saturday, December 09, 2006

Beautiful Female Traits of Gay Men

Okay, I'm going out on a limb here. I like gay men. What can I say? I adore the fact that men who are gay have a soft female side. Why shouldn't all men have soft female sides? Nowadays, I've heard of a few of the younger generation (men) say things like: "That appeals to my gay side." And, they're serious. All, I can do is sigh. Why was my generation so stupid about men having feminine traits? I don't know. I think they're adorable.

So, I once knew this gay man at work who was closeted. It was one of those odd things that I ended up finding out he was gay. Is it my fault I thought he was rather special after that? Okay, honestly, he also had many more characteristics that made me want to be good friends with him. But, alas, the man was too invested in pretending to be straight that I just had no choice but to play along. And there is the death of a beautiful friendship. We can't have a friendship without self-disclosure. It's like being friends with a mime. We never get to see the real person behind all that face paint.

So, if you're out there, gay man: I still want to be friends. But, I don't want to get slapped again for just wanting to be friends. That's no fun. I have my sensitive side too, you know. You got to let me know it's okay to talk to you now. Otherwise, I don't want to go where I'm not wanted.

No comments: