Saturday, December 16, 2006

Women and Home Businesses

As I go forward with my own freelance writing career, I find more and more women who have taken the jump into home businesses. Today, someone came to my door and wanted to sell me some coupons or something. He wanted to know when my next paycheck was. I said I was self-employed. So, he asked what I did, and I said I was doing freelance writing. He was pretty interested in that because he knew someone also doing the same thing - another woman.

It doesn't surprise me.

Many women are finding they have unique talents and circumstances that make a home business a good idea. The more I do my own business ventures, the more I network with other women in business. It's amazing the networks we women can build and I am just now getting exposed to them. Too bad I didn't start sooner!

No comments: