Saturday, December 16, 2006

How many days until Christmas?

Do I care? No, not really. I'm not celebrating Christmas this year. I'm tired of putting up trees, taking them down, going on a mad hussle for the perfect present and buying Christmas cards and signing them. I'm officially bah-humbugging Christmas this year.

My daughter is delighted. She said she always wanted to find out what it was like being Jewish for Christmas and she heard they go out for Chinese food on Christmas day. She finds this a very novel and fun idea. So, she asked if we could go eat Chinese and watch a foreign film and pretend to be Jewish on Christmas. I thought it was very multicultural of her!

So, we did go to our favorite Chinese place and they had this BIG FAT SIGN saying they were doing a special Christmas buffet. Who would have known? I never knew Chinese restaurants had buffets on Christmas! And to think, I get all those after-Christmas shopping specials too. I think I'm on to something here.

No comments: